Sunday, August 30, 2009

Whooo's There?? Sketch

Today I stopped by Karen Giron's The Sweetest Thing blog and she had her Sweet Sunday Sketch posted. It's a cute little sketch that was fun and easy to work with. I also meandered to Pals Paper Arts site( first time there - it's awesome!) and they've got a sketch going on that's Halloween themed. So it got me thinking about fall and Halloween. And that got me thinking about some On Board chipboard pieces that I had never gotten around to playing with. Well, I figured it was about time to rectify that oversight! LOL So here is today's card for you. What do you think??? Isn't it darling? Whoo loves ya baby!


All stamps and materials by Stampin'Up!

Stamps: Owl Together Now
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Whisper White cardstock with Chocolate Chip and Old Olive Designer Series Papers
Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic and Pumpkin Pie Craft ink
Accessories: On Board So Tweet, 3/4" Circle Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, Circle Scissors Plus, Earth Elements Mini Brads, Alpine Ribbon Originals (retired), Sanding Blocks, Sponge quarter, Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive, and Dimensionals

The card is a little differently sized. It's a 4.25 x 4.25 inch square. It'll still fit in a regular envie, but just gets a different look. This way the ribbon can hang off the side and not get crunched in the envie either! See, there's a reason for everything - sort of anyway!! lol

I saw another owl card on Melissa Young's blog here, and just fell in love with the owl. It's just the cutest thing on two feet! So of course I had to try one out myself. Now why haven't I used this chipboard before? Ummm, I think I forgot I bought it, but I'm glad it's off the shelf now! So get out your chipboard and play. Oh, you don't have any? Well, get in touch with me and I'd be happy to order some for you. You certainly don't want to miss out on the fun, now do you?

Hope you enjoyed my little Halloween hoot owl. Make sure you check out both Karen Giron's site and the Pals Paper Arts site for some great inspiration. They've got it in spades!
Happy Sunday -
Sharon

10 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Sharon, I am just like you...I have tons of chipboard that I have not used...including this owl! After seeing your sweet little card, I definitely have a use for it! Too cute! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This is so cute!!

Karen Giron said...

Oh my goodness, this is the cutest card! I love that owl!!

Rhonda Langley said...

That owl is super cute! Yikes! I have this chipboard and have not used one piece yet-now where did I put it???

Unknown said...

very cute owl!!!

Deb S. said...

Such an adorable card! I will have to remember about the card size and letting the ribbon hang off.

Denise said...

I love your owl - such a Halloween hoot! I also think your color combo is spot on. Thanks for playing at PPA!

Pals Paper Arts said...

Cute, cute, cute. Love that you used that owl.

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for playing @ PPA!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is very cute. I just love the "On board so tweet". Thanks for sharing.

Dorothy said...

Very cute...I mean scary, like Halloween scary!