Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wonderful Birthday Card

Hi there! Hope you're having a great day today. I'm still working on making a few more swaps for convention, so today I'm sharing a card I made for my daughter's birthday in July. This time I was smart enough to take a picture before I gave it to her. I usually forget and ask to borrow it back! (How lame is that!?) Anyway, this is the card made for my wonderful daughter...
See, it says so on the card! Actually she really is pretty wonderful as far as I'm concerned. Hope she liked this and knows how much I care!
All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Wonderful Favorites, Stem Silhouettes, Kind & Caring Thoughts (sentiment inside), and On Your Birthday
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Pixie Pink, and Shimmery White
Ink: Bermuda Bay ink pad, and Pixie Pink, Bermuda Bay, and Glorious Green Markers
Accessories: Big Shot and Perfect Details Texturz Plate
I can't believe I didn't use anything else on this card, no ribbon or other doo-dads. But with the Shimmery White paper which is so pretty and the lovely background texture, it really didn't need anything else.
It was fun using the markers to color the words so they matched the flowers and stems on the front. tip - always 'huff' on the stamp before stamping when coloring with markers.
Also on the bottom edge of the inside, first I stamped full strength, then stamped again without re-inking so there would be different color intensities across the bottom. It's the little things that make it stand out.
Hope you enjoyed this card. All comments are welcome. I live for comments. Yes, it really is addicting to check if anyone has left a comment and what was said. You ladies are awesome and I sooooo appreciate the feedback.
Hugs and Blessings,
Sharon

No comments: