Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back in Town Again

It's great to be back at home. This has been a great month with lots of traveling to SLC for convention and then to North Carolina. But it's so good to crawl into my own bed at home and get a good night's rest. Why is it you can always sleep better in your own bed than anywhere else on God's green earth? A bed is a bed is a bed, but my bed is different!

Anyway, being back home means I'm finally getting back to stamping again! The reason for my last trip, was to visit my little brother and his lovely family - including little Brooks Christopher, my two week old grand-nephew. What a darling, sweet little guy! It was love at first sight!! Since we were visiting him, we had to take a special hand-made card for him. Unfortunately, I forgot to get a picture before we left. Darn, where was my head? Obviously it wasn't working too well at the time. But I did make another card that was my reject. Guess I have to show you that one instead! Hope you don't mind second-best too much. After finishing this one, I thought is might be a little too girlie, and I couldn't have that! Not for my macho little guy!
Anyway, this is it. I love using this image for baby cards. It's just so dog-gone cuuute. (This is said with a southern accent!)
All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Fun & Fast Notes
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay and Watercolor Paper, with So Saffron Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Bermuda Bay, and So Saffron Pads, and Bermuda Bay Marker
Accessories: AquaPainter, White Gel Pen, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, White Organza Ribbon, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Rich Regals Mini Brads, and Dimensionals
So what do you think? Is it too girlie girl for a little boy?? I still love the Bermuda Bay with So Saffron. Just yummy together. And don't the polka dots on the DSP work perfect with the dots on the stroller?
Sure wish I'd taken a picture of the card I gave away. I don't remember exactly what I did, or I'd just make another one. Oh well, when it comes to baby cards, they're usually one of a kind for me. So Brooks' card will forever be a mystery.
Check back tomorrow for the next installment. Ta ta!
Sharon

No comments: