Saturday, August 15, 2009

Grateful for Stamping 411

Happy Saturday to one and all. Yes, I'm back already. I told you I'd try to get back to posting regularly, and I am! We'll see how long this lasts. lol And I am really grateful for the Stamping 411 Operators for their nice sketches. When you haven't stamped for awhile, it's really hard to get the ideas flowing again. So their sketch today really helped out alot!
As soon as I saw the sketch, I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to make. And the project whizzed along quickly until it was time for the sentiment to be added. I know what I wanted to say, but doggone it! There were no stamps that said what I wanted!! How very frustrating is that?! So after looking at all my stamp sets to see what words could convey my thoughts, this is what I came up with. Hope you like it.
All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Autumn Harvest, Falling Leaves, Sanded,and On Your Birthday
Cardstock: Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Brown, Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, and Soft Suede
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Crushed Curry Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, and Dimensionals
This is another one of those sets that are superb for watercoloring, which I love to do. And a little bit of masking really makes the pieces look like they're sitting next to each other.
Hope you like this autumn offering. This is my favorite time of year. I love how the temps cool off a bit, the skies are a brilliant blue, and all of the glorious fall colors. You'll probably be seeing quite a few more fall selections before I move on to something else. Hope you don't mind too much.
Lastly, I'm grateful to you for stopping by. Remember to let me know what you think of my creations. I love hearing from you. And if you'd like to order any of the items to make this card, you can click on the ordering button on the right, or get in touch with me and I'd be happy to help you out.
Hugs,
Sharon

3 comments:

Tanja Fussell said...

This is so pretty! I love the sentiment. Very nice job.

Selene Kempton said...

This is gorgeous! I love what you did with this sketch! Rockin!

Unknown said...

I love the water coloring of the Fall card. Might have to try that set again.