Monday, August 3, 2009

On A Roll ....

Yes, the swaps are moving along and sort of getting done. Some parts I'm saving for busy-work on the plane. I always find flying to be very boring when I'm flying by myself. Boo hoo. Wish someone was flying with me, but I'll be on my own. So since I'm still getting ready for convention and doing last minute laundry for packing, you get to see the card I made my husband for his birthday in July. Ta Da....
I had so much fun making this card for him because it's perfect for my guy. He's very handy to have around and is my Mr. Fix-it. So he has his stash of tools for the house, for the garage, and for the farm. And he probably needs more. What can I say - it's just like stamps! You can never have too many!! LOL I know you know what I'm talking about here!
All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Totally Tools, Big Deal Alphabet, and On Your Birthday
Cardstock: Basic Gray, YoYo Yellow, Basic Black, Whisper White cardstock, and Walk in the Park Designer Series Paper (retired)
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Going Gray, YoYo Yellow, and Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Paper Snips (for lots of cutting!), and Aqua Painter
I thought the Designer Paper worked really well for a card decked out with tools. And it was fun watercoloring the tools to look as realistic as possible.
I'm so thrilled that he liked it enough that it's still sitting on his desk over a week later! This is unheard of! I'm the pack rat that keeps everything, and he's the organized one that's always trying to throw things out and not leaving anything lying around. Yah, he likes it!
Hope you have a great day. If you're traveling to convention, have a safe and happy journey. If you're one of my customers, I'll be out of town for 5 days starting tomorrow. If you need anything, you can always order online or wait til next week and I'll be back home and happy to help you in any way I can. Remember, classes are next week!
Hugs and Blessings,
Sharon

2 comments:

TABray said...

What a great card. I thought about this stamp set and am still on the fence. My hubby is a tool-a-holic, too. I'll have to give this set another think. Thanks for sharing.

Ali Manning said...

What a cool card - I love your color choices. Have fun at convention - wish I was going....