Sunday, August 16, 2009

Going back in time...

This title fits my card for two different reasons. First, I checked back to an earlier Stamping 411 sketch for my layout on this card. Then, looking at the main images on the card, doesn't it give the feel of an earlier time when life moved at a slower pace and everyone was friendlier? That's the feel I get from this image. Whenever I see it, I'm reminded of my childhood. We grew up in the country outside of a midsize city. There were fields next to us, across the road, and down the road too. I remember the barn down the road, but have no recollection of the color. So in my image, it needed to be red, just because!
All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Harvest Home, Season of Friendship
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Crushed Curry, and Watercolor Paper, and Pumpkin Pie Patterns DSP
Ink: Stazon Jet Black
Accessories: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Aqua Painter, Modern Label Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Vintage Mini Brads, Pumpkin Pie Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, and Dimensionals
I guess I'm a bit of a romantic, because I have such fond memories of my childhood. I tend not to think of the times we had no water because our well ran dry and we had to lug buckets of water across the road so we could wash up and flush. You get the idea. I wouldn't really care to relive some of those 'special times' again! LOL
All in all, it was fun creating this card and thinking back on all the wonderful memories of growing up in the country. As children, I guess we didn't realize that it was difficult work until we got away from it and moved to the city. Oh to be young and innocent again!
Hope you're having a thoughtful and productive Sunday. Enjoy life to the fullest no matter what you're doing! And remember to give thanks to God for all your blessings!
Sharon

No comments: