Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wandering Words of Winter

Ok, I'm still playing with the colors of Rose Red and Handsome Hunter. These are wonderful winter colors and I need to get a few more card ideas made with them! That's what happens when I leave cardstock and stamps sitting around on my work table. They're handy so I use them again!
All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Wandering Words, Priceless, Season of Friendship, and Warm Words
Cardstock: Rose Red, Handsome Hunter, Brushed Silver, and Whisper White
Ink: Rose Red, Handsome Hunter, and Silver Encore Pads, and Basic Black Marker
Accessories: Sponge quarter, Snowflake Punch (retired), Silver Mini Brad, and Dimensionals
Whew, I didn't realize I used so many different stamp sets! No wonder my table is trashed. Maybe I should stop and put a few things away. Or maybe not. Maybe I should just use them some more!
The hardest part of this card was making sure to omit the words under Santa and the reindeers when inking up the stamp. Well, trying to get a feeling of windy snow wasn't the easiest either. I finally ended up using the Priceless swirls to get the effect. I'm not sure it really is what I wanted, but nothing else seemed to work.
I love this retired snowflake punch. It was always a wonderful accent on my winter cards whether they were Christmas or not. It's too bad it's not available anymore, but I'm hanging onto mine!
Happy stamping...
Sharon

No comments: