Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch card

Hi everyone! Today was very productive. I've been making cards for both church and the From Our Hearts group. (Information can be found by clicking on the button on the right.) I came across some old Mauve Mist (remember that color??) cardstock and thought today would be a good day to use it up. It was interesting trying to find some good colors to coordinate with it. After trying just about every color in my stash, I came up with these colors. Do you like them together?

So since I was making cards anyway, I checked in on Karen Giron's Sweetest Thing blog to get the latest sketch challenge. Seemed to work out very nicely with the stamps and colors, don't you think?

All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Flower Fancy, Wonderful Watercolors, and On Your Birthday
Cardstock: Mauve Mist (retired), Handsome Hunter, Sage Shadow, Purely Pomegranate (retired), and Whisper White
Ink: Mauve Mist(retired), Purely Pomegranate (retired), Sage Shadow Pads, and Handsome Hunter Marker
Accessories: Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, 1 1/4" Circle and 1 3/8" Circle Punches, and Dimensionals

It was fun getting out some old cardstock and ink for a change. When these colors were current, they were some of my very favorites. Guess it was time to give them a little lovin' after all these years! lol Got to get dinner started now. I love days when I actually get things accomplished and it's not midnight yet. Do you have those days when everything comes together right and you surprise yourself with how much you can get done? They don't happen too often for me, so I really need to appreciate them and pat myself on the back.
Ok, on with dinner and reality now!
Sharon

1 comment:

Michelle Knight said...

Love it - beautiful card!! When I first started out with SU my Mom came across some SU markers at a thrift shop and one of them was Misty Mauve! I used it until I was able to get a set of current markers - MM is a very pretty color!! I kept the marker and still use it occasionally.