Friday, August 7, 2009

Friendly Bird

Hope you're having a wonderful day today. I'm sure I'm just about wiped out by now. I'm getting just too old to keep up with all the young ladies at convention. But I'm sure it's been great so far. I'll have lots of things to share with you when I get home.
Today, I wanted to share this nice little birdie. I just loved making this card up, mainly because there was a little watercoloring involved. And I do mean little! It's mostly layering, piercing, and sponging.


All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Friends 24/7, Autumn Harvest (leaf), and Kind & Caring Thoughts (sentiment)
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, and Confetti Cream cardstock, and Chocolate Chip Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Basic Brown, Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, More Mustard, and Sahara Sand ink pads, and Not Quite Navy Marker
Accessories: Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, AquaPainter, More Mustard Grosgrain Ribbon, Sponge quarter, Fresh Buttons with some Old Olive ink sponged on, Mini Glue Dots, and Dimensionals



tip: Have you tried using just a sliver of cardstock through a button instead of thread? It works great and you can use any color that suits your purpose.


Keep enjoying your summer. The little kiddies will be back to school in no time and everyone can get back to their stamping schedules. Just a reminder: my classes this month will start on Monday the 10th. There is still room for another couple of you out there in stamping land. If you're interested, email me and I'll check when I get home and add you to the list. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
Blessings,
Sharon

No comments: