Monday, August 17, 2009

The Skaters

I checked out Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch here and thought I'd give it a whirl today. Little did I know just what I was getting myself into. Now some sketches are harder for me to get a handle on than others. Some are a breeze. And then there was this one! (gritting teeth here!) It was a real doozy for me, and that's putting it nicely. You really don't want me to tell you how many incarnations, deaths (in the garbage), stamping fits this little sketch has caused. And after all that, it still isn't exactly the sketch, but I quit!!!!!!! Arrrrrrggghhhh! Sorry Karen, I'm really not complaining. Just doing some healthy venting. yuh right.
Actually, now that I've calmed down a bit, I really like the final outcome. What do you think? Will it pass muster even if the layout isn't quite like the original?
All stamps and materials by Stampin'Up!
Stamps: Winter Post, and Season of Friendship (snowflakes)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Hunter Green, Rose Red, and Rose Red Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Basic Brown, Bashful Blue, Blush Blossom, Rose Red, Hunter Green, and Soft Suede
Accessories: Big Shot with the Multi-Purpose Pad and Merry Embosslit, Aqua Painter, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, Corner Rounder Punch, Latte' Button, and Dimensionals
Ok, break it to me gently now. Would you be happy to receive this card in the mail??
Looking forward to hearing your comments...
Sharon

1 comment:

Karen Giron said...

Well, I think your card is wonderful! The layers give it so much depth and really add some pop to those cute skaters :) Thanks for sticking with the sketch - you did a fabulous job!