Saturday, August 1, 2009

Today's Stamping 411 Creation

Can you believe I'm posting twice today? That tells you I'm not getting done everything that needs to be done before leaving on Tuesday. I just needed a break from swaps for a little while. Thought I'd go check out what the operators at Stamping 411 have for the Saturday Sketch. It looked a little intimidating with that large circle in the background, but after fussing with it and thinking about it for awhile I was able to create this....
I'm not sure if I really like it or not. I chose the Bella Bleu DSP because I thought the geometric shapes would play off the snowflake. But either the snowflake is too delicate, or maybe the paper is too busy. Let me know what you think. I'm open to any and all suggestions on this. If you think I need to take it apart and start over from scratch, well that is a possibility too.
All stamps and materials are by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Snowflake
Cardstock: Old Olive, Brocade Blue, and Very Vanilla cardstock, with Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper
Ink: Brocade Blue
Accessories: Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Ticket Corner Punch, Big Shot with Scallop Circle Die, Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Ice Round Rhinestone Brad, Vintage Brad (retired diamond shape), Dimensionals, and Silver Glitter Glue (by Gary Burlin & Co)
Don't forget to let me know what should be done with this card. I'm really frustrated with it!
Maybe I should get back to what really needs doing instead of playing! Just too much to do and too little time......
Sharon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sharon-
You still make beautiful things!! I miss you and the girls. Hope all is well with you and your famliy.
Talk soon. Leslie

Selene Kempton said...

Well, for feeling intimidated, you really knocked it out of the park! Beautiful job!

Krista said...

Great job !

Tanja said...

This is so pretty! Thanks for sharing.