Saturday, August 29, 2009

Stamping 411 Tree Trimmings

Wow, I'm really skipping around with the seasons, aren't I? Since it's been so chilly here, I figured it was time to start making the Christmas cards I'll need for this year. There is something that bothers me about making 50 or more of one single card idea. It just takes all the creativity out of it! Therefore, I must make a plethora of different Christmas card designs and make small multiples of anywhere from 1 to maybe 15 cards of each design. Isn't that how everybody does it? There's always an idea out there that I just have to make at least once! And you don't know which idea it is until you've made maybe a dozen or two different cards. Then you can pick and choose which one you want to make multiples of. Right??? Whadiya mean that's not how to do it?!? Who says I can't make piles of different cards? I need to! You see, it's sort of an obsession with me - but shhh, don't tell anybody. I don't want everybody to know all about my weird quirks. Sheesh, I meant to say lovable behavior, that is. LOL
Anyway, I really do have a card to share with you today. Sorry it's taken me so long to get around to it. Here's the latest Christmas card idea that hatched. It follows the sketch at Stamping 411 here. Hope you like it.


All stamps and materials by Stampin'Up!

Stamps: Tree Trimmings and Season's Greetings (retired)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry, and Old Olive cardstock with Old Olive Designer Series Paper
Ink: Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive Classic, and VersaMark
Accessories: Heat Tool and Gold Embossing Powder, Vanilla HodgePodge Hardward, Dimensionals, and Gold Ribbon (retired)


I was especially happy with the inside of the card. It matched the outside nicely and looked just as pretty. We have so many friends that live at a distance that these words always seemed appropriate to me.
Now for those of you that have art degrees and really know your stuff, I realize I didn't use three ornaments either on the front or the inside. And of course you should always use multiples of three or other uneven number. Oh well, I guess that just goes along with my other problem with multiples that we've already discussed here. So we'll just pretend I never heard of the adage and just enjoy the card. BTW, if you count the 3 ornaments on the front stamped with Versamark ink, that makes 5. So does that mean it's ok now?
That's it for today. Have a good one and check out the sketch at Stamping 411. They always have nice sketches to work with and great samples using the sketches too. It's a great way to jump-start your creativity!
Sharon

9 comments:

Caro's Kaartjes said...

Lovely!
I like the none traditional colorcombination.
And I agree, the inside is very pretty as well.

Lisa Kmiec said...

Very Pretty! I love those colors for a Christmas card.

Selene Kempton said...

I always neglect my insides... :) This is just beautiful, and i know a few "purple" fans that would be so excited to receive this one! Beautiful!

Connie Babbert said...

Great job...love how the card decorations extends to the inside. Thanks for playing this week!

Patti Chesky said...

Wow, those colors are so vibrant. Love it!!! Thanks for playing along this week.

Krista said...

Looks great ! Great job !

Shari Nelson said...

Very, very nice card! I really like your color combo!

Unknown said...

Very nice christmas card!! I love those vintage looking ornaments!! thanks for playing along this week!!

gbarron56 said...

beautiful job with this week's challenge. Beautiful color choices! thanks for playing along with the challenge this week! Blessings, gretchen