Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Buggy Today, Worm Tomorrow

Seems today is just a little buggy - actually that was really yesterday. I needed to make a child's birthday card and was trying to think about what an eight year old boy would like. Perusing my stamp wall, I found all kinds of flowers and flowery sayings, but not much that had any boyish appeal. Then my wandering eyes lit on my buggy stamp set. Just the ticket! We were off and running so to speak!

Awhile back, I had seen a cute background someone had made using lots of circles in 3 main colors that were then used throughout the card. I thought that idea would work for this card too, since I had nothing else for that layer. I chose Crushed Curry, Ruby Red, and Old Olive, and the rest is history.
All stamps and materials by Stampin'Up!
Stamps: Cute As A Bug, Delightful Decorations
Cardstock: Whisper White, Ruby Red, Crushed Curry, and Old Olive
Ink: Crushed Curry, Ruby Red, and Old Olive
Accessories: Summer Sun Corduroy Button, Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Distressing Tool, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, and Dimensionals
What do you think? Does is work for a little boy? Making things for boys is not something I do very often and find myself at a loss most times.
I thought the parade of bugs on the inside of the card would be a cute idea. I'm still working on the possibility of the worm carrying a HB banner. Would that work???
Hope you're having a great day today and turn those things that 'bug' you into a card! I'll try to get some ideas set up to post tonight, as I'll be doing jury duty starting tomorrow. Doesn't that sound like fun?! Oh well, off to enjoy my day stamping. Hope you can too!
Sharon

No comments: