Monday, September 14, 2009

Mixing Old and New

Today's post will be really short and sweet. I had a stamping class tonight, so spent the day putting all the 'stuff' away, and getting set up. I'm so tickled that a few of my regulars have called and will be joining us this week again. During summer so many drop out because of the many important fun things to do - like vacations, family visiting, doing fun stuff with kids, etc. So now that school is back up and running, some of my friends are looking to get back into our routine again too. And this month's classes are a hodgepodge of holidays - Halloween, Thanksgiving, and 2 Christmas cards. Got to get ready ahead of time, you know! I'll be sharing class projects with you at a later time. Today, I have a card made from leftovers from a calendar project last fall, an older set, and a new catty set.


This is it! Ta da!! My old and new card! I had this lovely heavy striped cardstock left from the calendar project, and it was just to cool to throw away. So, I just designed the card around it.
The spider dude is from the set Batty for You, and the Pumpkin thingy is from Twick or Tweet. Don't they just work fine on here?

Stamps: Batty for You and Twick or Tweet
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Whisper White with the leftover Bashful Blue cardstock and cardstock sticker strips that came with the calendar set
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, and Chocolate Chip
Accessories: AquaPainter, Pumpkin Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, and Dimensionals

So this card again proves why I can never throw anything away. You just never know when you're gonna need it! That little comment is for my hubby who can't understand why I need to hang on to so many little pieces of leftover 'whatever'! We'll never come to a meeting of the minds on this little problem, but we still love each other anyway!!

Have a good one,
Sharon

No comments: