Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mojo Monday with Variations

My favorite thing to do on Monday mornings is going to check out the Mojo Monday Blog to see what's the new sketch for the week. This week was no exception. I even got started on the sketch too. Then I seemed to run into problems, so I started another. Then another! Three days later and the 3rd try on this sketch, and it still doesn't have all the elements as shown on the sketch. Oh well, I'm happy with this one, so this is it for this week! I'm adding the sketch here so we can discuss the changes I made.

When you look at both pictures, you see mine doesn't have two elements on the side as shown. One of the elements was changed to the ribbon instead. Also, the 3 brads were moved from the left up onto the photo corner. With the flower-print background, it all looked way too busy to have all the elements on the left side like that. Hopefully I won't be banned from the Mojo Monday blog because of my disregard for following the sketch. :-( But I did try my best, and really like the new version. What's your verdict? (You might want to leave a message, because I have something in the works!)



Looking at this card again, I'm thinking it would be great for a cheery get well card. Think I'll make a couple extra while I've got everything out!
All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Fun & Fast Notes, A Little Birthday Cheer
Cardstock: So Saffron, Real Red, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White with Cutie Pie Designer Series Paper (retired)
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Real Red, Certainly Celery, and Sahara Sand
Accessories: Circle Scissors Plus, Black Gingham Ribbon, Vintage Brads (black), Photo Corner Punch, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, AquaPainter, and Dimensionals
It's too bad that SU! retired this DSP paper because it's so cheery and fun. It always brightens my outlook when I use it, and hope it will brighten someone's day when they receive it! Hope you get inspired with my take on the Mojo Monday sketch this week. Try it yourself and let me know how your's turns out.
Happy creative stampin!
Sharon

No comments: