Friday, September 4, 2009

Scenic Christmas Card

I am having such a great time making Christmas cards now. There's no pressure and the deadline is so far down the road that I can really enjoy making them and coming up with different ideas. So much nicer than what I usually do - start sometime after Dec. 1st and finish and get in the mail hopefully before Christmas! How about you? What's your card-making schedule look like? Are you done already?!? If you are, don't gloat too much, ok?
This card is so my style. It's going in the pile to make multiples for mailing. It's so clean and crisp, it reminds me of crisp winter days after a fresh snowfall. With just a touch of glitter for some bling and a red brad for pop, it's just right!
All stamps and materials by Stampin'Up!
Stamps: Scenic Season, and Many Merry Messages, and God Bless 2 for the Bible verse(retired)
Cardstock: Old Olive, Real Red, and Very Vanilla
Ink: Always Artichoke
Accessories: Circle Scissors Plus, Word Window Punch, Bold Brights Mini Brads, 2-way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
Seems like I'm really giving that Circle Scissors a workout lately. It all started with one little circle, but then I had the extra 'hole'. When I used the 'hole' on this card, I really needed another 'hole' to work with. So then I had an extra circle. So.... What a funny way to make yourself use up those scraps! Except with circles, it never really ends! I still have extra circles and 'holes' left to play with. Wonder what will be next???
Leave a comment on what you think I should do with them. You never know when your idea might just be a winner!
Winner, did you say????
Yes, stay tuned (and leave your comments!). There will be a post about an up-coming drawing soon. And you sure wouldn't want to miss out on winning a freebie, would you?
Check in tomorrow for another great idea and more info on the drawing.
Happy stampin'
Sharon

1 comment:

Tory said...

I love this card, Sharon. I may just have to case it. Well, once I get that stamp set and a circele scissor. LOL