Friday, September 4, 2009

Pals Color Challenge

Ok, I'm back for the second time today. I ran across another new sketch and challenge blog and couldn't resist doing another post to share with you. It's called Pals Paper Arts and this week they have a color challenge. The colors to work with are Brocade Blue, Crushed Curry, and Ruby Red. So I pulled the cardstock colors out and thought they'd work up easily. And maybe they would have if I had picked different stamps and layout idea. It seemed to be hard to get the right amounts of the different colors to work. I'm still not sure that I like this card, but I've run out of ways to change it up.


Stamps: Pun Fun and Priceless
Cardstock: Brocade Blue, Ruby Red, Crushed Curry, Naturals Ivory, and Very Vanilla
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Brocade Blue, Crushed Curry, and Ruby Red Pads, and Pumpkin Pie Marker
Accessories: AquaPainter, Word Window Punch, Rich Regals Mini Brads, Dimensionals, and Bluebird Grosgrain Ribbon (retired)

Well, not totally wonderful, but maybe somebody would like this card. Guess I needed to try again. I stayed with the same main stamp set, but switched up the image and the layout of the card. What do you think about the second try?!




This is a tri-fold or gate-fold card with a center strip overlapping both sides of the front. The second picture shows the center opening much better. Now this card worked up so much better, and I'm so much happier with it!! It really is kinda cute! Wouldn't you love to get this in the mail when you're having a down day? It'd brighten you right up! And it was fun to make too. Give it a try!

Stamps: Pun Fun and Sanded
Cardstock: Naturals Ivory, Brocade Blue, Ruby Red, Crushed Curry, and Very Vanilla
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Brocade Blue, Crushed Curry, Ruby Red, and Close to Cocoa
Accessories: AquaPainter, Flower Trio Punch, 1/4" Circle Punch, Sponge quarter, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, Black Gingham Ribbon, and Dimensionals

I find it absolutely fascinating how you can use the same set, same colors, and come up with something totally different! I guess that's one of the things I find so wonderful about stamping! There's an infinite array of colors and ideas out there that can be constantly rearranged into something totally fun and new. How can you not love a craft that lets you create everyday and still not run out of ideas???

Whoa! I was getting just a teensy weensie bit carried away there. ;-) But I really do love being part of the greatest stamp company in the world. If you've ever thought about becoming a demonstrator, I'd love you to join my team of wonderful ladies. If you're interested, I can send you out some information right away. How about it??

Happy stampin' and God bless your weekend. Have a safe one...
Sharon

6 comments:

Patti MacLeith said...

I like your circle designer paper on your first card. I think it's a cute card. Thanks for playing at PPA and do come back!

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Sharon! You hit it out of the ball park with your second card! I love the layout. You did a great job with the color challenge! Thanks for playing at PPA!

Kendra Richardson said...

Very CUTE! I especially like your tea cup card and the way it opens. I'm going to have to try that. Great Job!
Kendra Richardson
www.kendrascorner.blogspot.com

Shelly Koskinen said...

These cards are so adorable!

Pals Paper Arts said...

Fabulous cards!

On behalf of the Pals Paper Arts design team, thank you for playing @ PPA!

Margaret Moody said...

What a pretty card, Sharon! I love the paper you used! Great job too with the challenge colors! Thanks for playing along at PPA! Join us this Thursday for a new sketch challenge!