Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Different Style Ornament card

I really do love the new ornament set and matching punch that's in the new Mini Catalog. And I've been playing with this set on a very regular basis since it was delivered to my dungeon. But... there are other ideas for making cards with ornaments out there. And this is one of the projects made at classes this week.
This card looks really involved, and yes there are a few extra steps to make the card, but I think it's all worth it to get something that looks like this. Right? Isn't it cool?
Stamps: Season of Joy
Cardstock: Rose Red, Always Artichoke, and Whisper White cardstock with Rose Red Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Rose Red
Accessories: 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Eyelet Border Punch, Sponge quarters, Gold Cording, Always Artichoke Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, and Dimensionals
The main idea for this card is making a mask with a circle punched out. All the stamping and sponging is done through the mask. Isn't that a fun idea?
Speaking of fun ideas - I'm starting a monthly class called the Punchy Class. There are so many wonderful, silly, and fun ideas using our great punches. I thought it was time to share some of these ideas with my customers and students. So it's on the schedule for October. If you're in the Detroit area and are interested in classes, get in touch with me and I'll give you all the details. I'm sure you'll have fun and learn something new besides! It's a win-win situation for everyone!
Hope you'll join me!
Sharon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sharon,
Love the idea and the colors. The card is really great.
Connie