Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Your assignment - finished!

Remember way back last month when I was having trouble with a Halloween card that just wasn't right? So many of you were kind enough to leave ideas for me on what would finish off the card. After sifting through the suggestions, and then looking through all my stamps (even the retired ones), I think I might have come up with the finished card. Ta da!! (horns blowing in the background)...
The pumpkin and black cat have been added. I'm still not too sure about the pumpkin. Seems way too orange to me. Now isn't that funny - saying a pumpkin is too orange??!? But it does seem to stand out quite abit from the card, doesn't it? After stamping the Autumn Harvest pumpkin on all my orange-colored cardstocks, I finally chose Pumpkin Pie cardstock and Basic Black ink. Then used a little (very little) Rich Razzleberry for shading. The cat is from the Autumn Apparitions set that was out last year in the Mini Catalog. It was the only black cat I owned. It's stamped on Basic Gray with Basic Black ink and cut out. I put it in front of the pumpkin a little so the cat would stand out more instead of the pumpkin.
Well, what do you think? Is it ok, or should I just scrap the whole thing and start over? I'd appreciate some more input on this card.
And while you're commenting, remember I'll be drawing a name from all the comments made during this month for a winner to some blog candy. My Stampin'Up! anniversary is coming up in October and this will be a fun way to share that with my friends. So don't forget to leave comments each day. The more chances you'll have to win goodies!
Good luck,
Sharon

2 comments:

Tory said...

I think your card is cute. The orange isn't overbearing. Congrats on your Stampin Up anniversary. How many years?

Michelle Knight said...

Love the card with the pumpkin and the cat!! The Rich Razz and Basic Gray(?)combo layer is not something I would have thought of but its really nice. I may be wearing that color combo to work tomorrow!