Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dizzy Days

I wanted to apologize for being MIA the last couple of days. Allergies hit big time and I'm swimming in fluids. Oops, that's not quite what the doctor said - there's fluid in both my inner ears. Yeah, that's more like it. And it's made me sooooo dizzy. Maybe a little ditzy too! :-) I've been hanging onto walls when walking and actually scooted down the stairs on my butt yesterday. But once I got downstairs, I couldn't function 'cuz I was too dizzy! Oh woe is me!! I'm doing a bit better today. In fact, I have a card I was working on last Saturday and finished up just now. It uses two different stamp sets and a Deginer Series Paper - all from the new Holiday Mini Catalog. That little booklet is an absolute treasure trove of possibilities! Hope you like the card...
I just love, love, love the new Autumn Meadows Designer Series Paper that's in the new Holiday Mini. It is soooo pretty. Of course that's just my humble opinion, but you really need to get this paper and use it! This card uses some of the colors that are in the papers. The color combo isn't something I would have chosen to put together, but wow! They're really lovely together. Add a little gold embossing and brads for some glitz and you've got a super fab-u-licious card!
Stamps: Autumn Splendor and Grateful Greetings
Cardstock: More Mustard, Taken with Teal, Very Vanilla cardstock with Autumn Meadows Designer Series Paper
Ink: More Mustard Classic ink, VersaMark pad
Accessories: Heat Tool and Gold Embossing Powder, Chocolate Chip 1" Stitched Ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Gold Mini Brads, Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Paper Snips, and Dimensionals
Well, whadiya think about it? Don't the colors just play off each other and combine into something fantastic?
There are so many items in the Holiday Mini that I really love, and this card uses 3 of them! It's too hard to choose my favorites from the mini, but these all are right up there at the top of the list. Hope you like them as much as I do. Because we'll be using them this month at workshops and next month in classes. Get ready - here they come!
Happy stamping (and keep those inner ears dry!),
Sharon

No comments: