Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wandering Santa

It's getting closer and closer to Christmas. I can tell because all the blogs are showing Christmas ideas. So I guess I will too! (as if I haven't been doing that for weeks on end already!) So whatever happened to Thanksgiving? Oh yes, I've got the turkey thawing in the fridge and the groceries all purchased and ready to cook. But I haven't made a Thanksgiving card in almost 2 weeks! So to amend that oversight, we'll take a moment to give thanks for all the blessings we've been given throughout the past year and also for years past. We live in such a bountiful country and God has blessed us in so many, many ways. That's not to say that everything has always been wonderful and we've sailed through life with no hardships. No, there have been many crisis that we'd had to learn to deal with and live through. But through all the good and not-so-good times, God has been there with us and showered us with His love and peace. Now that's a real blessing!!
Now on to today's card creation! I've had this idea floating around for awhile about Santa silhouetted against the moon. I finally got around to making the card. Now that it's all put together, I'm not sure it's on the right color card base. I didn't want to do the normal navy look for night. I wanted something a bit more light-hearted looking. Does it work?
Stamps: Wandering Words, Lovely As A Tree, and Serene Snowflakes
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Whisper White
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, So Saffron, Brocade Blue, Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery Classic Pads, and Craft White Pad
Accessories: Big Shot with Top Note Die, Sponge Quarters, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, White Gel Pen, and Bashful Blue Striped
Ribbon.
This seems to be one of those cards that I like better in person than on the computer. It glitters so prettily when holding it, and that just doesn't compute very well. Such is life.
Just wanted to mention I've been spending some time making stamped Christmas gifts. And since my sister reads this, I can't show them yet! he he Oh, this is fun - I can tease you online now!!!
Have a great day today preparing for the great Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow! Don't eat too much turkey!! Save some for leftover turkey sandwiches - yummy!
Sharon

2 comments:

Erin Morley said...

Sharon, I really love this card! Great job! Happy Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

Boy-o-boy! So you tease me in your blog as well as by phone and email too! Remember, two can play this game. Your LOVING SISTER Hee Hee.