Monday, November 30, 2009

True Friend 411 Sketch

I've been busy making samples and cutting cardstock for the projects the From Our Hearts Stamping Ladies will be making tomorrow night. It's so exciting thinking of our soldiers getting these cards and sending them on home to their families! It's such a rush to be able to do something for others and not expect anything back from it!!! Anyway, it's been interesting getting away from the Christmas cards and working on Valentine's Day and other general cards. I finally caught up with the Stamping 411 blog sketch here, and thought I'd do one quick. It's a lovely sketch, but I was interrupted too many times to really give it my best. So I guess this is just second best instead.
Here's my card, minus the piercing I was planning on doing. When I got off the phone, I just taped it all together. Unfortunately I wasn't using my Snail Adhesive as usual which is easy enough to pop off if you don't like something. When I saw my mistake, it was either rip (and I mean that literally!) off the layers and start over, or just leave it as is. You can see I just left it for today.
Stamps: True Friend and On Your Birthday
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Rose Red, Always Artichoke, and Whisper White cardstock with Georgia Peach Designer Series Paper (retired)
Ink: Rose Red pad, and Certainly Celery and Rose Red markers, and Whisper White Craft Pad
Accessories: Soft Subtle Mini Brads, White Taffeta Ribbon, Sponge Dauber, and Scallop Circle Punch
That's about it for today. It's back to card planning for tomorrow night. I'm hoping the ladies can make 100 cards this time. That's the goal anyway. We'll see how it goes, and give you an update later.
Happy stamping,
Sharon

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

Sharon, thanks for your nice comment on my blog! This is a lovely card--perfect image for this sketch!

Cindy said...

Lovely card! I really like the color combinations.

Unknown said...

Sharon, this is a great card - I love the color scheme and the scalloped dsp in the corner. What a great cause too - I hope you make your goal!
Thanks for playing along this week!

Selene Kempton said...

A worthwhile cause indeed! I donated (with lots of help) about 400 cards to the troops over this holiday season. Just knowing that someone overseas who doesn't have access to cards, will get your fantastic creations to send home.... It's priceless. Thanks for all you do for our troops and your 411 card is stunning! Rubbah hugs, Selene

Patti Chesky said...

So pretty Sharon!!! I really need to use True Friend more. It's the perfect stamp set for this sketch.

Krista said...

Gorgeous card !!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Sharon,
This card is so well done. I love the color combo. Great job.

Unknown said...

I just love this card!! Soooooo pretty!! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Stamping 411!!!