Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Joy Times Two

What an unbelievably busy week this is turning out to be! This is class week for me, so that means class on Monday night, two on Tuesday night, and Wednesday at noon. Throw in a doctor's appt on Tuesday, with just a wee bit of shopping at Christopher & Banks on the way home! And then our son moved out today and back in with his sister to help conserve money with a son-in-law not getting steady work. Whew!! I'm just about wiped out for today!

But before I give up for the night, I wanted to share a class project and a second version too. First the class version - I saw this lovely card while blog hopping late one night instead of sleeping, and then couldn't find it the next morning. This is what I remember of it:
Stamps: Delightful Decorations
Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White, and Christmas Cocoa Designer Series Paper
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Big Shot with Texturz Plate SU! Backgrounds #1, Silver Cording, Mini Glue Dot, Real Red 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, and Dimensionals
Everyone seemed to like this card - very clean lines and pretty in just red and white. And I have a hard time keeping my fingers off the flocking!! It just feels so cool!
Now, since there were some extra cardstock and layers cut for class in case of mistakes (or leftovers from people not showing up!), I thought I'd finish them up tonight and add them to my stash of Christmas cards ready to send. So far, so good. The problem comes in that I ran out of the gorgeous flocked Christmas Cocoa Designer Series Paper for one of the layers. So it's time to improvise. Here's what I did.

I changed up the Real Red layer by using the Finial Press Embossing Folder to give it a more defined overall texture. Then I spritzed the smaller red layer with a mixture of rubbing alcohol and Frost White Shimmer Paint. Oo-la-la! Just love that look!! I'm not sure you can tell in the photo, but it adds such a pretty shimmer to frame the ornament. It needed something to define the two red layers and separate them without adding another color. What do you think?


Stamps: Delightful Decorations
Cardstock: Real Red and Whisper White
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Big Shot with Finial Press Embossing Folder, Real Red 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Silver Cording, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Mini Glue Dot, and Dimensional
So that's about it for tonight. Seven more cards made for the Christmas stash. Hope I get enough made in time to send out! LOL Then maybe I'll get some extra sleep to make up for the crazies today!
Hope you have a restful night and have lots of energy to create tomorrow.
Sharon

1 comment:

Tory said...

That flocked paper is too lovely, isn't it? I love your cards, but then I'm partial to that stamp set.