Sunday, November 22, 2009

Just Can't Decide

Which card do you prefer? I've been asking my hubby, kids, anybody that walks through the door which card they prefer. But it seems everybody has a different opinion, and for different reasons too!! So I guess I have to leave it up to you to help me out. I was going to make up several of this card for Christmas mailing, but I can't decide which I like better. Or whether I should scrap the idea altogether? Then I was on the Control Freaks Tour yesterday and saw a card so very similar to my idea. It was really eerie seeing a similar card on someone else's blog. Maybe I like her idea even better, hmmmmm. Check out the card on Dawn Olchefske's blog (I tried to add a link here but it wouldn't let me!) and tell me what you think.
This was the third incarnation of the first try! My hubby said it needed more red and to try drawing a line of red on the white cardstock layer. That was really awful, so I flipped the layer over and added the brads instead. Maybe....
Since I had cut enough cardstock for two cards, I tweaked a bit on the other one and came up with this........
This doesn't seem quite so 'busy' to me, but he still liked the other one better. I guess he really likes the red accents. Who knows?
Stamps: A Cardinal Christmas
Cardstock: Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Whisper White
Ink: Always Artichoke, Real Red
Accessories: Modern Label Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, 1/4" Circle Punch, Mistletoe Ribbon, 2-Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, (BoldBrights Mini Brads (on 1st sample), andd Dimensionals
Okay, the voting is now open for you! Give me your two cents worth and make your comments known! Now is the time for all good stampers to step up to the voting (comment) box and be heard! Actually I hope you will give me your feedback on this. For some reason, I really cannot decide! So help me out here, please!
Sharon

3 comments:

Tory said...

Well, Sharon, I have to say that your hubby has good taste. I, too like the one with the red brads. The other one is pretty, too, but I do like the red accents. But, then, red IS my favorite color. :)

Unknown said...

Ricky's right - the red is exciting and much better. The other lacks pizzaz.

مشروع جديد ناجح said...

Thank you for this valuable information
And I will try to follow these soon