Friday, November 6, 2009

Oh, I feel so inspired today!

What a wonderful feeling!! Thank you Lord!! The shot yesterday and meds the doctor now has me on must be doing the trick. I woke up early today (for me anyways!!) and couldn't wait to start creating. Yes, that's a 'capitalized creating' today! I've already made a project for my Christmas Bags and Tags class in December. Whoa, don't hold me back, 'cuz I'm on a roll.
I stopped for lunch and was browsing blogs to help in the digestion of this food I was eating. But that didn't work too well. My first stop was Gretchen Barron's blog and it was sketch time. So much for actually eating my lunch after that! Her sketch challenge for this week got me so inspired I had to stamp while the idea was hot! lol By the time I was done with the card, my work table was so covered with stamps, inks, punches, ribbons, etc. there wasn't any room left for me! And aren't you just dying to know what I came up with? I thought so! Here it is....
I'm so happy with this, that either it's really good, or my meds are playing with my mind. You decide. lol
Stamps: Dasher, Snow Swirled, and Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, Ruby Red cardstocks and Holiday Lounge Designer Series Paper
Ink: Ruby Red and Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Kraft Taffeta Ribbon, Scallop Square Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, Fire Round Rhinestone Brads, and Dimensionals
There are so many leftover and discarded partial pieces to this card I'm going to have to do something with them! I tried sponging on this, but I really preferred the clean edges this time around. And that little sentiment layer thingy, all I can say is - it was tried in many different color and punch combos. This was the winning choice.
Let's have a little feedback on this. Should I have skipped the snowflake and rhinestone? It sort of looked too empty there and needed something. Any suggestions on what might have worked better??? Since I have so many extra pieces, I'm sure the next one will be different. So why not give me your two cents worth?!
Stamp your heart out today! I will be!!! ;-)
Sharon

3 comments:

Tory said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better, Sharon. I like your card just the way it is. I think it looks great with the snowflake and rhinestone. It gives it a little "something."

gbarron56 said...

Hi Sharon -- the meds aren't playing with your mind -- this is a fabulous card! WOW -- you really knocked this one out of the park. You are on a roll, sister, don't stop! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's Inspiration in Action Weekend Sketch Challenge! I can't wait to see what you come up with next! And by the way, so sorry that I interrupted your lunch! LOL -- glad you are feeling better! Blessings, Gretchen

jaydee said...

Sharon, if the meds are making you this creative - me wants some of what you had! I love this card
thanks for sharing
Jaydee
p.s. glad you are feeling better