Thursday, November 5, 2009

The latest in the 'bug battles'

And no, I don't think I'm winning the battle at this point. Just in case you've been worrying about my state of health, I saw my doctor this afternoon for the 4th time in 6 1/2 weeks. She promptly sent me to the hospital to get a chest xray to check for pneumonia. Yup, that's the latest mutation of this bug. I'm just not sure how much more I can take of this! Arrrgghh!!!! Just what's it gonna take to land a 'knock-out punch' to this bug? I promise you that this blog is a bug-free zone. I washed my hands and sprayed disinfectant all over so there should be no lingering germs here trying to sneak out!

But other than that, life does go on. The five ladies who were available for stamping all got together last night to make the cards for "From Our Hearts". We enjoyed making the cards and really enjoyed eating the wonderful Pumpkin Roll that Shirley made. Oh, it was sooooo yummy!! And we were able to get 50 cards made in less than 2 hours. They are all packaged up with envelopes and clear envies too!!!! What a terrific accomplishment ladies! I'll start planning the projects for the next stamping night out.

Anyway, with all that's been going on, I haven't had too much time to do my own designing. When I was cleaning up the other day, I came across a leaf that was all watercolored up and just sitting there all by itself. It really needed to be joined with a card after all this time by itself. So this is exactly what I proceeded to do. I think it's much happier now, don't you agree?

I chose to use the swirled Texturz Plate and Big Shot to give the card some interest. It reminded me of leaves swirling down from the trees. Also the complete card was cut from the Scallop Square Die. Doesn't it make a really cute card?

The leaf still looked a little lonesome, so I stamped up the acorns from Autumn Splendor and colored them to coordinate. Added the greeting from Grateful Greetings set and a bit of Kraft Taffeta ribbon, and that's about it. It was really quite quick to put together. I need just a few more Thanksgiving cards, so maybe a couple more of these would do the trick.

Have a great day - whatever is left of it anyway!
(stomp, stomp) Hey, I think I got another one of those bugs!
Sharon

No comments: