Monday, November 2, 2009

More Cards for From Our Hearts

Hey it's shaping up to be a crazy week again. Yesterday the 3 of us were outside raking and trying to find the lawn underneath the piles and piles of leaves. The scary part is that our trees are only about half-way shed of their leaves. That means we get to do it all over again. Whew, I'm tired and sore just thinking about it! Maybe I'm just too old for this?! Not!!!

This is so strange sharing Valentine cards with you and it's just barely November today. But the cards going out to our soldiers need to be ahead of the season. So, we're starting early! A group of ladies from my church are meeting on Wednesday to get started on Valentine cards. This time I've planned out the cards ahead of time and cut everything ready to stamp, assemble and send. Last time it was much more loosely organized and 7 of us only managed to make 30 cards. This time there will be fewer ladies, but I've got supplies ready to make 50 cards. So I'm really pushing the ladies to keep working this time - such a task-master!!


Since I have Designer Papers that are lovely but sadly retired, I planned cards around what I had on hand. This first one uses some of the lovely Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper. I don't have any Kiwi Kiss cardstock left, so I used Certainly Celery instead. On the computer the difference is very obvious, but in real life it works.
Stamps: Love You Much and Short & Sweet
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Rose Red, and Whisper White, and Raspberry Tart DSP
Ink: Rose Red and Certainly Celery Markers
Accessories: Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, Soft Subtles Mini Brads and Dimensionals


This second card is lots of fun to make. Again very quick and easy, but it's still cute.
Stamps: Love You Much
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Real Red, and Whisper White, and Candy Lane Desighner Series Paper
Ink: Basic Brown, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Mat Pack and Piercing Took, Soft Subtles Mini Brads, Bold Bright Button (retired), Pink Gingham Ribbon (retired)
I'm so glad we're getting together to make cards for our terrific soldiers who are putting their lives on the line on a daily basis. It just feels so good to be able to do something to make their lives a little bit brighter! If you're interested in learning more about this worthwhile cause, just click on the icon on the right. I'm sure you'll be impressed with all these wonderful people are doing. Come join us in stamping for the soldiers!!
Have a great week...
Sharon

No comments: