Saturday, November 21, 2009

Top Note & Punches...

What an awesome combination together! The Top Note by itself is just incredible to work with; but when you add some punches to the equation, you get some really fun and creative projects!!
I've seen these ideas on several different blogs while meandering through the ideas. Thought they would be both great projects for my Punchy Class earlier this week. And Connie, I'm posting these especially for you since you can't come to the meetings! I don't want you missing out on these ideas. (The directions for you will be in the mail!) Now on to the characters...
The first one is Chilly Willy - remember the cartoon character? Oh, maybe you're not as ancient as I am so you really don't remember. I think he is just too cute for words. Wouldn't this be a great card to send to the kids on your Christmas list??
Stamps: Season of Joy
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Basic Black, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, and Brilliant Blue
Ink: Brilliant Blue
Accessories: Big Shot with Top Note Die, Large Oval Punch, Curly Label Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, and 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Real Red Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, and White Gel Pen
He's just sooooo cute and quick to make. I can't wait til I have grandkids to send cute little cards like this to!!
Now this little Indian brave is just the right size to hold a little chocolate treat or two. The Medium Cello Bags fit inside perfectly and hold a nice treat. This brave was made for Barb to sweeten her day!
Stamps: Absolutely NONE, oh my!
Cardstock: Creamy Caramel, Always Artichoke, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Ruby Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White
Ink: Close to Cocoa for sponging, and Chocolate Chip marker for feather detail
Accessories: Big Shot with Top Note Die and Perfect Details Embossing Folder, Large Oval Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Round Tab Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, White Gel Pen, Sponge quarter, Sticky Strip, and Dimensionals
Now wouldn't this be an adorable gift to bring the hostess serving you Thanksgiving dinner? Who could resist those big eyes? And now that I've made one of these treat boxes, I can see making more in the future. They're quick and easy (unless you need to make 50 of them or so!), and lots of fun. My favorite part about these is that each face looks a little different depending on placement of eyes, eyelids, and the nose. I didn't even give him a mouth because he's my 'silent brave', but you could if you like. It's as simple as drawing it on with a marker.
Well, I hope you've enjoyed these punch creations. There will be more when I get around to it. Still looking at possibilities for more creatures. Have a great Saturday and make sure you stamp at least a little bit!
Sharon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Sharon!
Your baby sis, Connie

Tory said...

Oh, Sharon! I LOVE your little penguin! He is absolutly adorable! I still dont' have the Top Note, but when I get it, I hope you don't mind my casing that little guy!