Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ho Ho Ho Banner

I've been at it for the last week working on a new banner for Christmas. The one I made last year looks a bit faded and dated. So I've been working on an idea for a Scalloped Square Banner hanging straight down. The more I played around with the components though, the more it changed! The banner now hangs across the entertainment unit in the livingroom, instead of hanging down by the back door. Oh well, that's the way projects work out sometimes, isn't it? You've got this idea, but it morphs into something quite different than it started out. But that's what the creative process is all about! LOL Sorry I haven't taken a picture of it hanging up for you. The lighting just wasn't cooperating tonight. Maybe tomorrow I'll give it another try.
Stamps: ummmm, none
Cardstock: Old Olive, Whisper White, Real Red, and Bashful Blue with Holiday Lounge Designer Series Paper
Ink: ummmm, none
Accessories: Big Shot with Scalloped Square Clear Die, Serif Essentials Alphabet Dies, Snowflake Punch (retired), Sizzix Scalloped Frame with Holly (non-SU!), On Board Book Basics Chipboard, Clear Rhinestone Brads, 1/2" Real Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, and Silver Elastic Cord (Holiday Mini Catalog)
This picture was actually taken along with another one with the white Mistletoe Ribbon Originals because I couldn't make up my mind which one I liked better. Thought I'd be able to tell better with two pictures side-by-side. Then I had to send the pictures to my hubby's computer because the colors are a bit off on mine. Actually the reds go together quite nicely in real life. But I'm not so sure on this picture. Take my word for it, they really, really do go together nicely! Honest!
Happy stamping and decorating,
Sharon

No comments: