Saturday, November 28, 2009

Post Thanksgiving

I don't know about you, but yesterday we just sort of 'vegged out' around here. Hubby was grazing the left-overs and I was right in there helping him! lol There's just something so tasty about those lovely turkey left-overs! In fact, it's the best reason for cooking that huge turkey dinner!
So today I'll share with you a couple of cards that I played around making yesterday. Yes, I really did do something - and it wasn't shopping! I stay away from the stores the day after Thankgiving like it's the plague!! The unruly, pushy crowds make me very uncomfortable. I guess I don't need the items on sale that desperately!! So instead, I started my cookie and candy making for Christmas and then I stamped trees! These are two very different styles of trees, but they're both Christmas cards. What do you think?
This first one is made with that old standby - Lovely As A Tree and surprisingly doesn't even use the evergreen! This set has been used for so many different occasions and holidays! A truly versatile stamp set that should be in everyone's stamp stash.
Stamps: Lovely As A Tree and Four the Holidays
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Real Red, Old Olive, and Very Vanilla
Ink: Soft Suede
Accessories: White Gel Pen (for snowflakes and coloring snow in under each tree), 1/4" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, and Sleigh Bells Ribbon (from the Holiday Mini Catalog)
Very simple card, but it looks nice and wintry - just right for the holiday season!
This second card is much more modern and funky looking. Even the colors are updated!
Stamps: Patterned Pines
Cardstock: Rose Red, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White
Ink: Rose Red
Accessories: Frost White Shimmer Paint, Word Window Punch, Fire Round Rhinestone Brads, Sponge quarter, and Dimensionals
I sponged the Shimmer Paint directly onto the little corner stamp and it shows up nicely on the Rose Red cardstock. I hadn't really cleaned the snowflake stamp from using it on the background, but sponged Shimmer Paint on that too. It gives a pretty pinkish shimmer to the snowflake on the top layer. hmmmm.... It was so pretty, I just might have to work on using it on another card idea!
Well that's it for today. After raking a few leaves this afternoon, I planned several projects my friends and I will make for the soldiers on Tuesday. It's getting time to get these cards in the mail for the "From Our Hearts" group. I hope there'll be a good turn-out with lots of ladies stamping their little hearts out! I'm looking forward to this as we always have a great time together!
Happy stamping, and don't eat too many of the left-overs. Save some for tomorrow...
Sharon

No comments: