Monday, November 9, 2009

Favorite Things

Yes, I know there are probably hundreds of things that I think are my favorites. But for right now, right this very minute, one of the most favorite things is my Big Shot. There's just so many things that you can do with it. And I've been trying them all lately. But right now, I've got a card to share with you that uses only two of the many aspects of it.
I just love using the Embossing Folders in my Big Shot! You can achieve such elegantly gorgeous effects by just adding embossing to a layer on your card. It's just an instant ooohhhh effect! You can have a very simple card, but the embossing raises it to another level. And it's just so easy to do. Maybe that's why I've been adding it to just about everything I make lately?! lol
The 2nd accessory for the Big Shot, is the Movers and Shapers Die and the add-on dies for it. I love how SU! has made each of the dies just a smidgeon larger than the coordinating punch. Now was that smart, or what?!!! Don't you just love that tiny sliver of Real Red showing around the Garden Green and Whisper White on this card? It's just enough to make it pop, but still be very subtle. I want to try this on everything and try using all 48 colors too! But for now, this one will do.
Stamps: Christmas Punch
Cardstock: Garden Green, Real Red, and Whisper White with Merry Moments Designer Series Paper
Ink: Garden Green
Accessories: Big Shot with Finial Press Embossing Folder and Movers & Shapers Die, Curly Label Punch, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, and Dimensionals
This card goes together so easily that I'll be making multiples of these to send out for us. I'm lucky my hubby doesn't really care which card we send out for Christmas - as long as I get it done! lol This way I don't get bored making just one style of card and can have fun while getting the cards all made!! It's a win-win situation as far as I can tell.
Have a great week. Hope to be back posting tomorrow. :-)
Sharon

1 comment:

Tory said...

Beautiful card, Sharon. That little sliver of red really sets off that punch!