Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Making new out of scraps...

I've been really trying to get a little (stress a little) bit more organized. If it ever happens while I'm still walking this earth, I'll be totally amazed! But anyway, I need to keep trying and chipping away at my many piles of stuff. One of the things I was doing today was going through stacks of partially worked on ideas. A couple of the ideas (whatever they were originally!) were in multiples. So I thought they'd be great to add to the stash of cards for our soldiers.
There were enough pieces from this card idea to put together six cards. So they've been added to the stash of cards we'll be making on Wednesday night.
Stamps: Heard From the Heart
Cardstock: Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip cardstock with Autumn Vine DSP and Juntos DSP (both of these DSP's retired)
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Creamy Caramel Gingham (retired) and Neutrals Button (retired)
I always liked the look of quilting with cardstock, and this is a very easy look to accomplish. When you have little bits of DSP prints left over, cut them into 1" squares and start 'quilting'!
On this card, I had been playing around with watercoloring this gorgeous moth. For some odd reason, I had four different moths colored and hadn't done anything with them. hmmm... So I just finished them off with this look, but each was a bit different to match the moth's colors.
I'd like to give you a run down on the sets used, but they're all retired and I'm just too tired right now to try to figure them out. You'll just have to either look them up yourself, or just find something similar to work with. Your choice. Of course, you probably want me to look them up, but I'm back to coughing again and bone tired.
That's going to have to be it for tonight. Hope you like the ideas. If you really, really need to know the sets I used, leave me a comment and I'll look them up for you.
Stay healthy and happy,
Sharon

No comments: