Monday, November 30, 2009

Another sketch challenge

Boy, I'm on a roll today! After missing out on doing the sketch challenges for several weeks, I do two in one day. Sorry - I just needed my fix!! One of the blogs that has interesting sketch challenges is Pals Paper Arts. You can find them here. This week the challenge is KISS (Keep It Simple, Sweetie) with lots of white space, few layers, simple design, and quick to design. The card I have to share with you certainly fits all those prerequisites, and I think it's lovely also. Hope you enjoy this one:
ta-da! This is it!
Stamps: Love & Joy (retired)
Cardstock: Garden Green, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Garden Green
Accessories: Big Shot with Petals-A-Plenty Embossing Folder, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Fire Round Rhinestone Brads, Mistletoe Ribbon (Holiday Mini Catalog), and Dimensionals
What do you think? I love the clean lines and simplicity of this card! I'm just so happy with the way it turned out! It's simple, but still very pretty as far as I'm concerned. Shoot, I think I just hurt my arm patting myself on the back!!!
Ok, now I've really got to get back to work and stop playing with the sketches. It really does help the creativity juices to flow when you've got a theme or sketch as a basis for your card. Give it a try sometime. But be careful - it's kind of addicting! LOL
Have a great evening!
Sharon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the simplicity. How did you do the dry embossing to leave the center undone?

Sharon Carr said...

To Connie,
I actually cut an oval out of the center of my embossing folder with my Craft & Rubber Scissors that cuts my stamps. You need to trace an oval, cut out one layer, trace the oval again onto the next layer and cut again. You can then put the pieces back in if you want a full embossed image. Cool, huh?