Friday, November 13, 2009

It Takes Two, Baby!

At least it took two people to get the layout just right on this card anyway! I was really struggling with this. I wanted something really smashing for the Pals Paper Arts challenge this week. The theme is Christmas Cheer - that shouldn't be all that hard, now should it?? I mean, that's what we've all been working on defining for the last several weeks, isn't it? The idea was there in my head. I knew what colors I wanted to use. The main components were all embossed, stamped, punched, sponged, and whatever else was needed. Then.... it just didn't work out!!!! Waaaah My hubby looked at it and gave me his two cents worth (actually his ideas were worth way more than that!) Ok. Peel off some of the layers. Change this layer size..... hmmm, maybe change the color too! Maybe it needs another layer too while I'm at it. Try it again. Nope, not yet. Take it all apart again and turn it upright. Hey, I think we've finally got it! And after all that, none of the pictures really showed the Brushed Gold cardstock layer or the gorgeousness of the Shimmer Paint! Nuts... Ok, now for the really tough test.... What do you think???
Stamps: Short and Sweet
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Brushed Gold, Real Red, and Very Vanilla
Ink: Always Artichoke
Accessories: Big Shot with both Finial Press and Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folders, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Sponge Dauber, Ornament Punch, Small Oval Punch, Sleigh Bells Ribbon, Gold Cording, Mini Glue Dots, and Dimensionals
I was disappointed that I couldn't get the rich look of the Brushed Gold cardstock layer to show up on the pictures. Very nice, but subtle.
Actually there is a little sponging around the Mellow Moss layer with the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint that doesn't show up either. In real life it's just gorgeous!! I really wish I could send one to each and every one of you so you could see the shimmer! But I don't know if I'd ever get around to making quite that many cards anytime soon! So I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. Or better yet, why not make one for yourself??
Have a great evening! We'll be stamping over here!! What could possibly be better than that? Well, maybe having chocolate too!!
Toodles,
Sharon

1 comment:

Ann Schach said...

Very, very pretty! I love all of the texture and the layout! Aren't husbands great? Thanks for playing @ PPA!