Thursday, November 12, 2009

CASEing the Master

While browsing blogs late last night again, (no wonder I'm always tired!) I checked out the Master - Jan Tink. Oooh yeah! So many great ideas. But there was one delightful little ornament card that I thought I might CASE because it had such nice clean lines to it. I did most things just like Jan, but there was a thing or two that I had to tweak for me. What is it that makes me even think I can improve on greatness?? LOL I certainly don't know. But I can assure you that it's not an improvement, just a slightly different look. Thanks for the awesome idea Jan - it's a winner!
Stamps: Delightful Decorations
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White
Ink: Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip Classic Pads, Whisper White Craft Pad
Accessories: Ornament Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Bashful Blue 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Silver Cording, Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals
Now wasn't I right about this being a delightful little card? I'm enjoying pairing Chocolate Chip cardstock and ink with so many different colors. It tends to soften the look nicely, but not be too dark and austere. The little bits of silver cording give this card just a touch of bling for an understated elegance.
Ok, it's back to the drawing board for me. I'm looking forward to having a group of ladies here tomorrow night for Joann's workshop. I've been designing the make & takes we'll be doing. I can hardly wait to show everyone!! I'm sure we'll have lots of fun stamping and sharing.
Don't forget about the Holiday Gift-Giving Guide! There's plenty of terrific gift ideas for the people on your list (maybe even something for you too!!). You can order directly online, or give me a call and I'll be happy to help you with your order. And you can always let me know what you'd like for Christmas and then send your hubby and/or kids over for me to help them order!! Either way, it's a win-win situation for YOU!
Happy stamping and shopping!
Sharon

No comments: