Monday, June 1, 2009

Morning Glories

Hi all. After doing the watercoloring with the embossing technique on all the roses, I just didn't want to quit! The technique is really addicting with the color just 'blooming' in front of your eyes. It has to be one of the most fun techniques I've done in a long, long while. So of course, I had to find another open image that would work and then play some more! Look what I found to color! Whadyah think?
Oooh, ahhh, just gorgeous, if I do say so myself! This Morning Soft set seemed to be just the perfect one to try. And what a lovely watercolor look when finished! This time I purposely bled the color out of the lines to get a very soft look instead of cutting the image out and layering, so it really has a different look than the roses. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to part with this card and send it on to someone else! How awful of me... LOL
All materials and stamps by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Morning Soft and Think Happy Thoughts
Cardstock: Orchid Opulence, Lovely Lilac, and Shimmery White
Ink: White Craft pad, Ballet Blue pad, and Ballet Blue, Lovely Lilac, Orchid Opulence, and Garden Green ReInkers, and Summer Sun Marker
Accessories: Heat Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, AquaPainter, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Scallop Circle Punch, Filigree Designer Brad, Eyelet Border Punch, Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon, White Gel Pen, and Dimensionals
Here's a close-up of the detail on the flowers. Didn't the colors blend and smooth out to a fantastic look? I think the colors are just scrumptious. Now I feel the need to go and make even more of these. Sorry if I'm boring you with these - I just can't seem to help myself! LOL
Maybe I need to get out my technique booklet and find something else to fixate on for awhile. I can only do so many of these before you scream "Enough!"
And on that note, I'll bid you good day!
Enjoy...
Sharon

1 comment:

laurie said...

This is so pretty...I wouldn't part with it either!