Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mojo Monday #89

Yes, I know. Today isn't Monday, but it took this long to figure out what I wanted to do with this sketch from the Mojo Monday Blog. For some reason, it just seemed much harder to put together than the last one I did. I think this set, Cheep Talk, is just adorable. I'm glad to see it's NOT on the Last Chance list. That means it will still be in the new catalog coming out next month! Woo Hoo!! I always hate to see some of my favorite sets being retired, but I understand that we have to make room for all the new goodies coming our way!
I usually don't make square cards, so this was a little out of my comfort zone. I wanted to make something that followed the sketch as much as possible, but was also bright and cheery looking. The Good Morning Sunshine Designer Series Paper really fit the bill for that requirement! Don't you love how happy it looks? Doesn't it make you want to smile? If you like this DSP and the In Color inks and cardstocks, you better order them soon. They won't be available for purchase anymore as soon as the supplies run out. You can order yourself by clicking on the button to the right and have it sent directly to you. Go check it out now!
All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Cheep Talk, On Your Birthday, and the retired set - It's Your Birthday
Cardstock: Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Kraft, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White, also Kiwi Kiss Textured cardstock and Good Morning Sunshine Designer Paper
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pacific Point, and Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Border Punch, Crafters Tool Kit, Cutter Kit (for distressing edges), Flower Fusion, 5/16" Neutral Brads, and Dimensionals
Hope you like this Mojo Monday card, even though it's already Wednesday! You might want to give this sketch a try yourself. If you do, let me know how it turns out. I'd love to see it! And don't forget to pretty-up the inside of your card too. The inside of this one was as much fun to make as the front!
Have a great day, and keep stamping!
Sharon

No comments: