Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mojo Monday Week 90

Yes, yes. Here I am way late again. It's not that I'm not paying attention to the calendar. I know it's already Thursday. But class week's are just a little crazy with people coming and going. Throw in a doctor's appointment or two, waiting to get refills at the pharmacy, and I just run out of time! What can I say?! But I hope you think this sample is worth the wait. It was fun making it, but the sketch was a bit harder to work with for me. Sometimes they just come together, and sometimes I've got to keep switching cardstock and DSP and layers to get something I'm happy with. Enough about what I think, the real question is - what do you think???

Boy, am I ever going to miss this Baja Breeze color and all the wonderful accessories that match it! Oh my - the withdrawals have started already, so I had to make one more little card with it before I put it away on the back of the shelf. But not too far away that I can't sneak it out when I need another fix!
All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Great Friend and (Versatile Verses - retired)
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock and Walk In The Park Designer Series Paper
Ink: Basic Gray and Baja Breeze Pads, Not Quite Navy and Regal Rose Markers
Accessories: Mat Pack and Piercer, Eyelet Border Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Silver Mini Brads, Flower Fusion Too, Sponge Quarters, and Dimensionals.
If you notice, on the leaf images, I stamped twice with one inking both on the front and inside the card. I love how this gives a tiny stamp a little more fullness to fill in the area.

The accessories made such a big difference bringing this card together. It just looked so bare and boring without the brads and little felt flowers.





Now don't put your retired stamps and papers and other goodies away and forget them. They
need a little lovin' too! Get them out and enjoy them! Remember, you used to love them and
reached for them all the time. Dust them off and
give them a little ink to revive them. They will be ever so grateful to you!
BTW, if you'd like to order any of the lovely stamps, etc. that will be gone at the end of this month, please get with me soon to get them ordered before they are lost and gone forever. You know you'll be kicking yourself for not getting that set you've been debating about. Now's the time!!
Happy stamping...
Sharon

1 comment:

laurie said...

Such a pretty card...I like the layout, too.