Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Cool Mojo Monday to You

Even though it really is Tuesday today! Yes, I'm just a bit behind here, but there's a really good reason for it! My catalogs came in yesterday, so I was busy on the phone getting hold of ladies that wanted their catty right away and not wait around two weeks for class to get them. It's so much fun seeing their eyes light up as they're paging through the catty the very first time and all the oohs and aahs as they point out their favorite new items! This is surely one of the best reasons to become a demo - along with the discounted ordering! Who can pass that up?!
Now back to why I'm really posting today. This morning, I finally got around to checking on the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge here. It's a really great sketch this week and one that works very well with so many different stamps. I just had to use my retiring Raspberry Tart DSP one more time. It's still available today in case anyone out there is thinking about getting it. Tomorrow it will be gone forever! So check the sidebar for my online ordering if you just have to have this! (Or anything else that's retiring for that matter!)
All stamps and materials used by Stamin' Up!
Stamps: True Friend and Teeny Tiny Wishes (available Wednesday!)
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White cs, and Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper
Ink: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink pads, and Always Artichoke marker
Accessories: Fire Round Rhinestone Brad, Small, Large, and Scallop Oval Punches, Scallop Edge Punch, Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Silver Mini Brads, Sponge quarter, and Dimensionals
One thing I did on this card that I've never done before, is punch a middle layer from the DSP. I thought that worked out very well and showed nicely. After the flower was inked with Pretty in Pink, I sponged some of the Melon Mambo ink on the edges before stamping. A slightly different version of the Rock 'n Roll technique. I love how the very new In Color Melon Mambo ink and cardstock work with the retiring Raspberry Tart DSP. Stampin' Up! does such a great job coordinating their colors, even when they're from different year's catalogs! LOL
Hope you're having a wonderful day and find time to stamp!
Sharon

No comments: