Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Where's summer?

I sure thought we were getting close to summer. Yesterday was lovely, but what happened? It can't decide if it wants to rain or not. As soon as the concrete dries up, it rains again just enough to make everything wet. This is a good day to hide out in my stamping dungeon. And if I turn on enough lights, I can pretend the sun is shining, sort of. So my brilliant idea for today was to post an autumn-looking card. If you're sittin' in the dungeon with a fleece jacket on cuz you're so cold, you might as well pretend it's fall. So....
Here is my post for today. I think I mentioned awhile back that I do love autumn. And that means this new set, Autumn Days, is going to be a favorite of mine. And don't you love it with these new In Colors? I used both the Soft Suede and Dusty Durango on this card and they seem perfect for this set. Can you almost feel the crispness in the air? Oh yeah, I sure can!
As usual, all stamps and materials used are by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Autumn Days, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, and On Your Birthday
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, and Dusty Durango
Ink: Soft Suede and Dusty Durango
Accessories: Soft Suede Dotted Grosgrain Ribbon, Small and Large Oval Punches, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, and Dimensionals
I really like shodow stamping (or stamping multiple times without re-inking) and it works so nicely with these pine cones and needles. It gives you more depth on the main image, and also a wonderful frame on the inside of the card.
You know, we are so lucky that SU! color coordinates all it's products so nicely. It's so nice to be able to find cardstock, ink, and ribbon that all match without having to hunt around in different stores to find something that matches. And just think, if you're one of my customers, you get my know-how too! How great is that?! I'd love to hear from you and help you get what you need to stamp your 'art' out!
Have a great 'cool' day,
Sharon

1 comment:

Vera said...

Love these colors for fall, Sharon! Very nice birthday card!