Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Two-fer Tuesday

Yep, I'm back again! Geez, can you believe it? Twice in one day - something must be wrong! Not really. I'm just waiting for my hubby to get back in town from being gone for four days. It's amazing how much more time I seem to have on my hands when he's not home. I've been out of new books to read for awhile, and bored enough to read some (alot!) over again. So one of my errands today was to hit Barnes & Noble to see what lovely reading material I could pick up. Oh my, what fun. One of my favorite authors -Laura Childs-had two of her newest 'Teashop Mystery' books available in paperback, so I snatched those up. Then I noticed another book in paperback by her called "Eggs In Purgatory". Oh goody, a new series! Now that just piqued my curiousity and I had to pick that one up too. It even has the recipe that the book is named for. Now I don't eat spicy very often, and absolutely NEVER for breakfast, but I think it would be perfect for my hubby. He loves spicy for any meal, any time, and the hotter the better! Maybe I'll let him give it a try!


Ok, enough about reading and on to the stamping! From the last post a few hours ago, you know I really like this new Hostess set - Kind & Caring Thoughts. I had started on this card earlier, and just finished it up now after the dinner dishes were washed. It looked too plain and I had been trying everything under the sun to make it pop, but nothing was working. When I came back to it, I thought of just adding the ribbon tab. That little bit of ribbon seemed to do the trick and balance it out just fine. Sometimes it's just the littlest thing that makes all the difference, doesn't it?


All stamps and materials used by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Kind & Caring Thoughts, Tres Chic, and Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, and Very Vanilla cardstock, and Old Olive Print Designer Series Paper (retired)
Ink: Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango pads, and Old Olive marker
Accessories: Sponge quarters, Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Small and Large Oval Punches, Fire Circle Rhinestone Brad, Dusty Durango Dotted Ribbon, and Dimensionals

The technique used to color the image was to ink the stamp with Crushed Curry, then sponge flowers with Dusty Durango to give them some extra soft color. The buds were sponged with Old Olive, and the stem was colored with the Old Olive Marker. Add a little Dusty Durango sponged on the edges of Vanilla cardstock, and there you have it. Quick and easy, and pretty as pie!

Oops, hubby's home! Gotta go welcome him! See ya later...

No comments: