Friday, June 19, 2009

Coming Up Roses!

I've heard so many different names for this technique that I really don't know what to call it. So I guess I'll just call it beautiful! First I have to tell you what's behind this post. My daughter and son-in-law gave me a flower of the month gift for Christmas. It's been so much fun to have her (or him) bring me some kind of flower or plant each month. I keep telling them this has been the best gift I've ever gotten! I never know which day they'll bring it by, or what to expect in the way of flower color or type, or plant, or whatever. Anyway, it's fun!
This week they brought over these absolutely, drop-dead gorgeouse roses. Aren't they just perfect?! And these pictures were taken 3 days after I received them! Wow!
Anyway, they are the inspiration for the following card and another one I'm working on. I just had to try to capture the rich colors of these beauties!





All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral and Warm Words
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, and Shimmery White
Ink: Dusty Durango Classic, White Craft Ink, and Crushed Curry and Dusty Durango ink refills.
Accessories: Big Shot with Texturz Plates, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, AquaPainter, Corrugator, Fire Circle Rhinestones, Dusty Durango Dotted Grosgrain Ribbon, Ticket Corner Punch, and some handmade paper from a friend
I wish you could see the card in person. The colors are so vibrant and the picture just doesn't do it justice. I have to say it amazes me that I actually made this card! Do you ever feel that way about something that you've made? I just want to keep glancing over at it and smile. I think I'm going over the edge if I'm so tickled about a little card.
Anyway, I hope you like it just a bit too. Thanks for stopping by. You don't know how much I appreciate you looking at my posts, and expecially when you leave a comment. It's wonderful to know someone is actually looking at my humble offerings.
Thanks again and stop by often!
Sharon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful!! I just love this set. TFS Hugs n' Stuff, Lynne