Sunday, June 21, 2009

Serene Sunday

After all the craziness yesterday morning, it was such a relief to have a quiet Sunday morning breakfast and then go to church. Ah, I just love these kind of days. After church, my son and I shared one of those $5 footlong subs. Then he cut the grass that had grown another 3 inches after all that rain, and I hit the dungeon. (Rick is out of town again so I could stay down here all day if I wanted!)
Now, inspiration is a really funny thing. It seems to hit without warning in some of the strangest places. Like the lady sitting in front of me in church with this lovely summer dress on with white, black, Bermuda Bay, and a dark olive green. It was a floral with all the flowers and leaves outlined in black. I couldn't wait to get downstairs and at my stamps to do my version of her dress. I wish I could have taken a picture of it so you could appreciate the inspiration too!
All stamps and materials are by SU! of course.
Stamps: Flower Fancy, Teeny Tiny Wishes, and Versatile Verses (retired)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay (NEW!)
Ink: Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Large and Small Oval Punch, Word Window Punch, Bermuda Bay Dotted Grosgrain Ribbon, Vintage Brads, Stamp-a-ma-jig, and Dimensionals
I wasn't sure exactly how the card would play out, so I stamped on a larger piece of white cardstock. When I started putting it all together, it was just too much for the cardfront. There was no room for any fun embellies for it! We couldn't have that, so I cut a strip off. That was going to be thrown out, but instead ended up inside the card. I really like the way that turned out.
Just wanted to say thanks to all of you that have come to my blog and left comments for me. It really made my day to read them!
Enjoy your day - hope it's a serene one!
Sharon

1 comment:

Soozie4Him said...

Hi Sharon, I found your blog because of your comment on Vera's blog! I really enjoy reading what you post, and looking at your lovely creations! Doncha just love the new SU stuff that we demos got to order already? I can't wait til July 1st!

Hope you had a peaceful day and God bless you!

Susan, aka Soozie4Him on SCS

moot96 AT aol DOT com