Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Asian Inspired

After receiving my sneak peak products, I had to find time to work with this new Level 2 Hostess set. It's so lovely and the image lines are so clean and crisp. Years ago I took classes on Chinese brushstroke art. I loved it then, and now we have this set that gives you so much of the same feel as that style of art. I'll save the brushstroke images for later, and focus on the peony for now.

Sticking with the style of art, I kept it very simple with clean lines on the card. There aren't tons of layers, just enough to give it some interest. And I made this a Mother's Day card, because every mother deserves flowers on her special day. (hint, hint)
All stamps and materials by Stampin' Up! of course!
Stamps: Asian Artistry and Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Orchid Opulence, Old Olive, Whisper White cardstock, and Old Olive Patterns Designer Series Paper
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Orchid Opulence, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, and Crushed Curry
Accessories: AquaPainter, PearlEx (retired) with Gum Arabic, Eyelet Border Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, White Organza Ribbon, and Dimensionals
While coloring the images, I tried to do it sketchily (is that a word??) and leave white areas. You can't really tell much from the picture, but the dragonfly was first lightly colored with Orchid Opulence then a layer of PearlEx over it. It realy shimmers with the PearlEx over the color! Love it!
In my opinion, this is a great set to earn as a hostess. I can see all kinds of cards that would benefit from an Asian influence.
Have a wonderful day today and stamp and color til your creative soul is satisfied!
Sharon

1 comment:

Vera said...

This is lovely, Sharon! I can't wait to see what you'll create with the other images in that set!