Saturday, June 6, 2009

Go Red Wings!

Here it is on Saturday night and I'm blogging away again. I guess I need to get a life or something. The two guys in my life are watching the Red Wings playing another play-off game. I really should be up there watching too, but it seems like whenever I watch, they lose. So it's really better for all involved that I stay away from the game tonight. Anyway, I made a card I just have to share with you! See...


You didn't want to miss out on this card, now did you? Of course not. I wanted to make the card look like a sunny, summer day with blue skies and puffy white clouds floating by. I don't know if you can see the white clouds, but they're there! I sponged on some white craft ink with a sponge dauber, and they look real nice. The leaves in the tree are two different greens to look more realistic, and the grass was put on with the edge of the ink pad with a few extra blades of grass from a marker. What a fun card to make!



The oval was cut out with my Coluzzle which SU! doesn't sell anymore - boo hoo! After the oval was cut, I used the Sanded background stamp to give it some texture. It stamped right through the oval to give me a frame inside the card. After I sponged around the cut edge, I closed the card and sponged some more on the inside. I really like the different look this gives to the inside of the card.

All stamps and materials by SU!
Stamps: Branch Out, Sanded, and And Many Mower
Cardstock: Bashful Blue and Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray, Bashful Blue, Green Galore, Garden Green, Close To Cocoa Classic Ink Pads, Summer Sun, Baroque Burgundy, and White Craft Ink Pads, and Green Galore Marker
Accessories: Coluzzle Set (retired), Sponge Dauber, Scallop Oval Punch, and Dimensionals

Hope you enjoyed tonight's post. Now I have to sneak up and see how the Red Wings are doing. Shhh... Don't tell anybody. I don't want to jinx them!
Have a great evening!
Sharon

No comments: