Friday, May 29, 2009

Coming Up Roses

Well, here it is - Friday night and I'm sitting home writing on my blog. Something's wrong with this picture. Or maybe not. My hubby is home, out in the garage doing some sorting, throwing out, and/or putting away. And I've been stamping in my dungeon. Hmmm... I guess all is right in my little world. Hey, I never said we had an exciting life, just a good one!


Recently I've been seeing so many people playing with this watercolor technique. It is so very beautiful in person, and very addicting when you start making the roses. Yes, I made a whole bouquet of roses then it came time to put them on cards. Oh my! What fun! I'm only posting 4 of the cards, and each one is a little different. I couldn't decide which one I liked best, so I kept tweaking as I went along.





They all use the same basic style of card with the Eyelet Border Punch along the right edge. And the card bases were either Pretty in Pink or Pink Pirouette. I liked the pink shades with all the colors of roses I did. One has a layer of vellum. Three different ribbons were used ( Grosgrain, Striped Organza, and Satin). Some used sentiments on them, some didn't.






The leaves were stamped on either Mellow Moss or Sage Shadow cardstock with a little watercolor to give them depth. One has the lovely white striped paper from Taste of Textiles Designer Paper. There were rhinestone brads used and some paper piercing also. Like I said, no two were alike. It was just a fantabulous garden of roses. Ahhhh, I can almost smell them!




Stamps and materials all by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral
Cardstock: Shimmery White with possibly Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Sage Shadow, Mellow Moss, Vellum Paper, or Taste of Textiles DSP
Ink: White Craft with possibly Cameo Coral, Regal Rose, or Basic Black pads, with Sage Shadow, Mellow Moss, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Cameo Coral, and Summer Sun re-inkers
Accessories: Heat tool, Clear Embossing Powder, AquaPainter, Eyelet Border Punch, with possibly Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Rhinestone Brads, Crafters Tool Kit, Scallop Border Punch, 5/8" White Satin Ribbon, White Organza Ribbon, White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Snips, and Dimensionals.
Whew! Can you imagine the mess I had on my worktable by the time I finished with all of these gorgeous flowers? Well, let's just say it took a good long while to get everything back where it belonged. Oh, but it was so worth it and so much fun. If you'd like to learn this technique, I'd love to show you. How about booking a workshop for you and your friends and you can make your own rose garden! Just contact me and we'll have a blast with these.
Hugs,
Sharon

No comments: