Saturday, May 16, 2009

Slow Going...

Yep, that's me right now. I'm so impatient to get thoroughly back to normal that this recovery process is frustrating. I thought I'd bounce back so much quicker, but it is taking awhile. I actually have been spending time down in the dungeon, but most of the work I've been doing is like Laundry (ewww), deleting junk emails and getting caught up on the real ones, and a little housecleaning around my stamps. I know, if you looked around here, you'd never believe that last little bit, but it really is true. I'd been on a stamping frenzy getting ready for class this week(which never actually happened!), so things were rather scattered about the table. And that last was an understatement by far! :) Anyway, I needed a card and it seems I never have just the right card sitting around finished. Now I wonder, why is that? So I put on my thinking cap and made a new card yesterday. Oh, it's great to be stamping again!!! The feel of wood and rubber, the thump of stamp on paper, the ribbons and other pretties. Ahhh..... Maybe that's what's been wrong this week - stamping withdrawals! Ha! I knew there was a reason for this weakness I've been experiencing lately! Better bring on the stamps!!!


Oh my... After all that, this is the card I made yesterday. It's fairly simple, but sweet just like the person it's meant for. There couldn't be a sweeter person out there.
All stamps and materials by SU!
Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip and Old Olive Markers
Accessories: Pretty in Pink and Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbons, Large Oval Punch, and Sponge quarters.
Looking at this card before it went out in the mail today, I think I should make a few more of these to have on hand. It really is pretty, even if I have to say so myself. Maybe I'll get a couple more made while it's still fresh on my mind.
Have a super Saturday!
Sharon

1 comment:

laurie said...

This is a fave set of mine..what a nice color combo you used.