Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Balloons, and More Balloons

Last week Thursday was my scheduled downline meeting. Our swap was to be a pop-up or pop-out type of card. After trying several ideas and not having much luck with them, I finally tried an idea using the Window Sheets that are featured in the Occasions Mini Catalog. I wasn't sure how they would stand up to embossing, but they worked beautifully! The idea was to have lots of balloons floating when the card was opened. Here's what I did...

This is the closed card, almost on the plain side. Very circumspect, understated, and proper. The cardstock is Brocade Blue with a layer of Walk In The Park DSP. I only added one balloon to the cardfront to give a hint of what's to come. Then I added a half sheet of white cardstock to the inside. It has an extra fold in the crease so I could attach the window sheet balloons.




Can you see the difference between the stamped and colored ballons on the white cardstock, and the window sheet balloons that I colored, embossed, and cut out?? It's really fun when the card opens and these extra balloons are just floating there!

I ended up using just blues and greens for the card so it could be a little more on the masculine side, but could really be given to anyone. It was interesting playing around with this to get the look I wanted. Now I'll have to try this idea again with other stamps. Maybe butterflies or snowflakes!

All stamps and materials by SU!

Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes, On Your Birthday, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, and Celebrate Everything

Cardstock: Brocade Blue, Whisper White and Walk In The Park Designer Series Paper

Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, and Always Artichoke pads, and Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, and Always Artichoke Markers

Accessories: AquaPainter, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Window Sheets, Always Artichoke Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Snips, Dimensionals, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch

Well, that's about it for today. For those of you downline that didn't make it to the meeting, you missed out on some wonderful swaps...

Have a great week,

Sharon

No comments: