Monday, May 18, 2009

It's A Blue Monday

Actually, I'm not blue, the card for today is! Hope you're having a great week so far. It's another glorious day here, and I'll be out running errands soon. I just know me too well, and if I don't post now while it's on my mind, who knows when I'll get around to it. LOL
So here it the latest creation - I won't say the greatest too. It's too simple for that adjective. This card is pretty straight-forward in the layout and execution. I just want to mention a couple items of interest for you. If you notice on the flowers, the center one was done with the "rock'n'roll" technique, but not the outer two. Those were stamped with just the Bashful Blue, then I added a little tone-on-tone watercoloring to give them more depth. Otherwise, they look so flat and boring. All of the flowers were poppped up with Dimensionals, the center one with two layered on top of each other to bring it even higher.
All stamps and materials by SU!
Stamps: Dream A Little (Hostess set) and On Your Birthday
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Whisper White, and Maine Blueberry (retired)
Ink: Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dimensionals, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Aqua Painter, Paper Snips, Bashful Blue 1/2" Striped Grosgrain, and 1/4" Old Olive Grosgrain ribbon.
As you can see, this card was very easy to make with the right tools. The Stamp-a-ma-jig made quick work of lining up the outline stamp onto the solid-image. I like the white edges around the flower as it almost gives it the look of another layer without the weight of it.
The most time-consuming part of the card was cutting out the 3 flowers. And that really wasn't hard at all, because the flowers aren't very intricate. All in all, I like the effect of it all together and hope my sister will too.
Have a happy week and come back soon.
Sharon

No comments: