Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ice Cream Social Time

It's almost that time of year when our church always has it's Ice Cream Social to say thank you to all the neighborhood folks that deal with all the traffic and parking all year long. And you certainly can't have an Ice Cream Social without quarts and quarts of strawberries to put on the ice cream! So I seem to have strawberries on the brain lately. That's what led to making this card in celebration the the sweet, luscious and juicy strawberry. Yummmmm!

Since we have the darling little Tart and Tangy stamp set, this seemed the perfect time to use it. I thought about just stamping and cutting out a whole pile of strawberries, but wasn't in the mood for all that cutting. Instead, I got out all the punches and punched my way to strawberry oblivion! LOL

All stamps and materials used are Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Tart and Tangy, Full of Life, and Really Retro
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, and Riding Hood Red
Ink: Basic Black pad and Ruby Red, Certainly Celery Markers
Accessories: 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Scallop Circle Punch, Designer Label Punch, Flower Fusion Too, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Styled Vanilla Hodgpodge Hardware, and Dimensionals


It was fun adding the strawberry accent inside the card too. I thought that really added to the overall fun look of the card.
Now after working with all these strawberries, I've really got a taste for some and wish I had them in the house. They'd be great for a little snack or a side with dinner. Hmmm, guess I need to go back to the fruit and veggie market! (I was just there 2 hours ago, but forgot to buy any of these little juicy treasures!) Boo Hoo!
Oh well, I'll dream on and try to quit drooling all over my card!
Have a pleasant stampin' day,
Sharon

No comments: